Re: Tesla's Egg of Columbus - Plans?

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 14:19 26/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
>
>Steve:
>
>Did you happen to notice the value of the cap?

No, nor did I notice the number of turns in the coils. I think they ran it
off a 24V AC transformer. The thing would be so inefficient that
practically all the power would go into heating the coils.

So you would basically design the coils to pass as much current as possible
for a safe temperature rise. Then you would choose a capacitor to pass
about twice this current when put straight across the supply. It doesn't
exactly take much power to make a beer can revolve, so it should hopefully
work whatever you do.

Steve C.