Re: Rfi from flybacks

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Tesla list wrote:
>Original poster: "Anthony" <ant17-at-optushome-dot-com.au>
>Hi guys  hi got this problem every time i use my flyback driver it
>interferes with my nextdoor neigbours am radio i was wondering if you guys
>could suggest anything to reduce this rfi thanks

Are you powering this from the mains and, if so, do you have a supressor
network between your power supply and the outlet?

Switching power supplies would put all kinds of yuck into the mains wiring
if it weren't for the supression stage at the 'front end'.  This normally
consits of a common-mode choke and two or three capacitors.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy