Re: Getting the bugs out- a little help, please...

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi.

I recently used the latest version of JavaTC, which
can be found at:

http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html

It has a sparkgap section which calculates sparklength
relative to bps, (or more accurately, joules/second).
You can also easily play with various bps's and see
how charged your cap is when the gap fires.

If sparklength is proportional to Joules/sec., your
best length won't necessarily by when the cap is
charged to 100%. For my (under construction) setup,
the best Joules/sec is obtained at 533 bps and the cap
is only charged to 71%. This is only theoretical,
since I'm still building it.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/coil07.jpg

Adam

 > Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

<snip>>

 > There are a couple of problems that I encountered
 > though. First, my Wysock-built rotory gap is sync at
 > 480 bps and w/ .0825 uFD primary capacitance, I'm
 > thinking that's a little too fast for the capacitor
 > to ever
 > be able to fully charge before discharging across
 > the
 > SG and that would definitely limit my sec. voltage
 > gain.
 > I haven't built a Freau phase adjuster yet either as
 > I'm
 > not sure that the phase angle would even be that big
 > of an issue at 480 bps. I'm thinking about removing
 > 4 of the 8 rotory electrodes to go for 240 bps.

</snip>

_