Re: New "MOT" power supplies??

Subject: RE: New "MOT" power supplies??
 > Original poster: "Daniel Barrett" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

I suspect that if we (collectively) put half as much time into fiddling with
these new inverter supplies as we've spent cooking NSTs over barbecue
grills, chiseling off asphalt potting, disabling GFCI circuits, and the
like, we'll find that they will revolutionize the medium power coiling
activity.

I don't see them replacing 10kVA pole pigs any time soon, but their DC
output implies easy combining, so getting a few kW by combining the outputs
of several (plugged into receptacles on different breakers) starts to make
medium power (1-5 kVA) DC coiling look more attractive.

As long as new NSTs are comparable in price to new Microwave ovens, I don't
see the inverter oven supplies replacing NSTs.. Building that first coil
based on a NST is such an easy step.