Re: High Voltage Line Book ?

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
>Someone about a year ago (may have been Ed Wingate) listed a very
>popular and good reference book on high voltage
>transmission lines and equipment.  I have since lost that email.
>Anyone know what this book might be?
>Thanks
>Dan

Hi Dan,

There are actually several that are worth looking for. The first one is the
least expensive and provides an excellent overview. The last two cover
higher voltage power transmission, field control and corona prevention
techniques. Good bedtime reading... :^)

1. Kurtz, & Shoemaker, "The Lineman's and Cableman's Handbook",
McGraw-Hill, (many different editions - go for 5th or higher)

2. Westinghouse, "Electrical Transmission and Distribution Reference Book",
4th ed., Westinghouse, 1964, 824pp

3. EPRI, "Transmission Line Handbook, 345 kV and Above", EPRI, 1979, 393pp

Best regards,

-- Bert --