Re: Magnifer vs. Tesla Coil

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >
 > These claims need further investigation.  A pole xmfr is capable of
 > providing much more current for very short periods of time, especially when
 > recharging cap banks.

 > Magnifiers do gain especially in the area of energy transfer.  With their
 > tighter coeff. of coupling more energy can be transmitted from pri to sec.
 > A double resonant transfer provides nearly 90-95% on the second max. peak
 > whereas a standard TC operates closer to 70-75% max at 0.2 coeff. coupling.
 > If not moe voltage they offer more current output which makes the sparks a
 > lot brighter.  Ed Wingate's coil is a very good example of this effect.  His
 > output sparks were very bright when captured on film as compared to a normal
 > classic TC.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance
 >
 > Resonance Research Corporation
 > E11870 Shadylane Rd.
 > Baraboo   WI   53913

D.C. AKA Dr. R,

I recently acquired several Pearson Model 410 wide band current
transformers and used one of them to measure the current in the output
sparks of my magnifier. With a Pearson on the ground wire for a target
terminal set up approximately 10 feet from the magnifier extra coil
toroid, I measured 15 amps peak current in momentarily attached arcs
with an input of 10.5 KW from the wall. Actually more current than I had
expected and definitely a reason NOT to take discharges from a large
coil to a wrench in your hand! :^)

When time permits, I need to take some readings on some of my classic
coils.

Ed Wingate RATCB