Re: Overhead Transperency Cap

Original poster: Karl L <karl-at-coolbluesky-dot-com>

Hi Margaret,

I built several rolled transparancy/foil caps a year ago.  They performed
very well up until point they arced through.  They got warm where the
foil connections overlapped against the opposite plate.  I got about 30
minutes run time out of them before failure.

Considering this was my first coil, and cap building experience, I
considered it a success.  Salt water caps were next, finally followed by
an MMC array, which is by far the easiest, and most reliable cap for
Tesla coil duty.  Building the other caps gave me firsthand knowledge on
cap construction and modes of failure however.

Best Regards,

Karl