Re: VTTC Staccato Design Help

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 11/19/03 10:52:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>MY QUESTION
>
>How do I correctly calculate the resistor values on the circuit? I need
>at least 50mA on the output between R1 and R2 to turn on the triac.
>
>Ignore the lamp its just to represent how the cathodes are connected

Adam,

I would just connect a series resistor of about 100 ohms to
250 ohms (or whatever gives you the correct current) between
the output of the 555 and the gate of the triac.  I would not
use all the other resistors.  See my schematic at:

<http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page6.html>http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page6.html

John