Javatc and Fantc Update

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

HELLO WORLD -  (couldn't resist)

I've updated Javatc and Fantc. The main changes are:

- Update to drawing applet for Netscape, Opera, Hotjava, (and other)
browsers. The ability to run the drawing applet. Previously, Java Sun VM's
couldn't run the applet (they should work fine now).  This is a big step
because the applet was crashing  browsers (but this fact was sometimes
hidden). All should be ok with the applets at this point. If your browser
can't run the applets for some reason, please let me know
( classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com).

- Paul has updated Geotc to version 2.7. Both Javatc and Fantc have the new
Geotc version loaded internally. If you've kept up with recent threads such
as "Charge Distribution (who's main authors were Paul and Antonio), you may
have noticed the discussions with tube rings which Antonio identified and
Paul verified with TSSP software. Paul has written equivalents for Geotc.
Paul has also incorporated changes between version 2.2 and 2.7 which
incorporates improvements on C calcs, which may also speed up some analysis
types in general. I still have to go through the new version myself to
verify against measurement. But there comes a point where there are too
many versions of a program loaded up on the web. I decided to keep the
latest version in one spot. Javatc and Fantc.

- There are some browsers (old browsers, some Macs, etc..) which may have
difficulty with some features in Javatc. For Javatc, there is now
a  trimmed down version which is linked at the top of the main version.
This is in a folder "www.classictesla-dot-com/java/j2/javatc.html". This may be
better to use for older browsers. In this version I've removed try....
catch... statements  which is used in the input cells of Javatc. Mainly,
Javatc has the ability to calculate equational statements in any input
cell. In the event that "your statement" didn't ;make sense to the program,
it would "catch that fact and alert you to what it does understand". A
simple example: ( if you know the diameter and the input is radius, you
could easily type the [diameter*.5] and tab out). The cell would
immediately calc the radius. Older versions have trouble with this, thus,
the trimmed down version doesn't include this ability. Older versions do
not have drawing applets, however, the values output should be exactly the
same as the main Javatc. Not a lot of difference between Javatc and
Javatc_2. So all should work for most browsers.

- The pop-up at the beginning of the program (Welcome pop-up) has been
removed. This has caused some problems with a few browsers. Well, it's gone
now, so those browsers should run ok. However, at the top of each page I've
included text to tell the users to allow the page to fully load before
using (if you start using the program before the page is fully loaded, you
may have script errors).

- The Arc Voltages inside the Static Gap Section has been updated. This
section now includes "Sphere-Sphere gaps", "Sphere-Plane gaps", "Rod-Rod
gaps" with hemispherical ends, or strait flat ends, or slightly rounded
ends. The beginning of this investigation started with Dr. Resonance's
spark gap measurements a couple month ago. None of these arc voltages are
"exact", but they should make a good ballpark number for design purposes.
All are welcome to check out and provide feedback.

Here are the online Design and Analysis java/javascript programs. Enjoy!

http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html

http://www.classictesla-dot-com/fantc/fantc.html

Take care,
Bart