Re: Variac Help

Original poster: G <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

>In terms of brands, Lutron is the dominant brand in consumer dimmers/fan
>speed controls, and is probably the cheapest and highest quality (strange it
>may seem, but that's ALL they make, so you get economy of scale)

Just to let everyone know: there are actual NST dimmers manufactured. I
have a Diversified Components (USA company) brand dimmer rated 1500 VA. It
was formerly used in a dance club. Package is similar to the 1000 W Lutron
units, with a slightly larger heatsink. Unfortunately, I haven't had it
open to explain the design...

Regards,
Gregory