Re: Terrified Parents

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I was 16 when I started messing around with these things and at first the
answer was "absolutely no way!" The only way that I could build one was
when I brought a signed note from my science teacher (who had done a couple
of demonstrations with tiny ones) that we were not going to kill ourselves,
then we were allowed. If you could get somebody to make sure that you know
what you are doing and that you won't kill yourself, =D then I'm sure that
that would help. After my parents saw that we were being safe about what we
were doing, we got a little bit more leniancy and we now have a coil that
can actually impress people. The line is drawn right now at "no utility
line things" and I am happy to deal with that for a good long time...

Original poster: "margaret louise"

Hi all,

I am 15, and am in the process of building my first TC, from a 12/30 nst.
However as my largish 12/30 NST arrived in the mail today, my mother has
gone on a major freak/stress/ you are going to kill yourself ramapage. I
tried telling her i had read the sftey doc on the pipman site and numerous
other but to relatively no avail. is there anyone out there who can say
anything to help put her mind at ease?

thaks, Ruben

-Chris

"The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that
lightning isn't distributed right." -Mark Twain

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://antispam.yahoo-dot-com/whatsnewfree>Protect your identity with Yahoo!
Mail AddressGuard