Re: Capacitor Size

Original poster: "x x" <teslamap-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I cant speak for WinTesla, but in my program (teslamap) i use the following
equations...

Optimum Resonate Cap 'nF' = (1 / (6.28318530618531 * (NST V / NST I) *
Input F)) * 1000
Optimum LTR Static Cap 'nF' = Optimum Resonate Cap * 1.414
Optimum LTR Sync Cap 'nF' = Optimum Resonate Cap * 1.9

'Input F' is the frequency of the 120 or 240 volt supplied to the primaty
of the NST, usually 60 or 50 Hz
'LTR' is Larger Than Resonate

These seem to be the most commonly used equations to calculate cap size.
Generally you should avoid using the resonate sized cap on a NST as it
tends to destroy the secondary windings.

My program (teslamap) is free and can be downloaded from...
http://web.tampabay.rr-dot-com/swilson9/teslamap.htm