Re: nobody knows whos maggie at fla teslathon?

Original poster: "Rikard Titus" <rikard_titus-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>That is still 84% of what the empirical formula estimates. Besides, the
>empirical formula I think has been developed to quantify two-coil TCs, not
>magnifiers.

>I think to say that the device "isn't ...very efficient" is a bit unfair.
>How much better have other people achieved...or have you achieved?
I have never built a magnifier,and don't know how "efficient" it can be.
Tightly coupled and tuned magnifier with constructively solved problems of
isolation in a driver coil and  corona leakage prevented elsewhere must  do
even better than the formula predicts.A robust and high speed rotary is
desirable.That's how I heard.Coiler who reported on his magnifier run it by
his own description loosely coupled and  detuned -maybe more closer to 3/4
wave resonance.
By the way,my big two coil TC used to generate 2 meter spark with about 2,2
kVA input.

- Rikard Titus