Re: Flyback Transformer Boards - Any interest ? ? ? ?

Original poster: Karl L <karl-at-coolbluesky-dot-com>

Dan,

Designing a generic flyback transformer board would finally stop all of
the jury-rigged messes out there.  I had a few ideas:

1.  The board should be configurable for many different flyback designs,
from the epoxy coated internal primaries, to the wind your own on the
ferrite core type.

2.  If possible, an auto - manual driver switch.  In auto mode, a sense
coil would let the transformer find it's own resonant frequency.  This is
how many garden variety boards operate.  In manual mode, the frequency
could be adjusted, along with the duty cycle for experimentation
purposes.

3.  On board rectifier diodes, so that AC or DC could be used to power it.

4.  An adjustable voltage regulator circuit, to vary the flyback output
voltage.

5.  Heavy filtering of the input, so that expensive lab power supplies
could be used without worry.  Also MOV protection of the drive circuit.

These suggestions vary in difficulty in implementation, but would be a
very good feature set.

Regards,

Karl