Re: Fiberglass Resin and Secondary

Original poster: Tyler <blimpie120-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Ok, with new calculations according to
<http://www.deepfriedneon-dot-com>www.deepfriedneon-dot-com

***Secondary***
3" diameter
1400 turns of 28 ga.
18.2" high
bout 1100 feet of wire
22.557544 uH
6.646pF

***Torrid***
13" Diameter, 3" pipe
14.234 pF

***Secondary Resonant Frequency***
torrid capacitance+secondary capacitance = 20.88pf
secondary inductance 22.557544
Res. Freq. = 231.9 KHz

***Primary***
7" Inner diameter
15 turns
.025" pipe
Spaced .5" apart
Outer diameter 29.5"
Pipe length = bout 44.5 FEET
inductance = 95.221 uH
***Tank Cap***
15kV
30mA
  = 0.0053uF

I guess i could try both new and old calculations. Wire, pipe, and torrid
are not that expensive.
Thanks for the information!!!
~Tyler

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/1/03 7:32:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 >Hmm, i see. Why would the winds be any different for a NST than say a MOT
 >or such? I Guess i used formulas and advice form
 >www.deepfriedneon-dot-com
 >If i calculate for 1400 to 1600 turns it totally screws up my calculations.
 >Thank goodness i havent started building yet.

Tyler,

The number of turns is not really different for NST or MOT coils.
Either type of coil can use fewer or more turns. The 1400 to 1600 turns
worked better in my tests, and some others have found the same
results. If anything, it's even more important for a lower voltage
transformer to use more turns on the Tesla secondary, to keep
the surge impedance high in the primary. This happ! ens because
more secondary turns requires more primary turns. In a low voltage
transformer, you'll likely be using a larger cap. This causes low
inductance primaries to threaten to appear. These demons of
low inductance can be cast out by utilizing high inductances in the
secondary and primary. (There are no actual demons, it's just a
figure of speech.)

http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page5.html

John

=========