Odd coil behavior

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Everybody,

My coil has been running for quite a while with no problems untill
recently. I never changed anything so it's not something new that's the
problem. The coil used to run moderately consistant the entire time but now
it will run great for a while, then fizzle out and give almost nothing for
several seconds, then pick back up for a little while, etc. I would think
that this would be inefficient quenching that is causing this, but I
haven't changed the spark gap for as long as it's been on the coil. The gap
is a RQ style with a vaccum on top that draws air through slits in the
container and between the gaps. Any ideas on what's going on?

-Chris