Re: New to tesla coils

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Sean,

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>
>ok, I am making the terry gap, so it's all one gap.
>
>Also, I have coated the pvc tube with polyurethane.
>Once I wrap the wire (by hand) Can I coat over the wire with more
>polyurethane?  or is stretch wrap better.
>
>Thanks.

You can do either. I've always coated over the winding myself both for
durability and cosmetics. I believe Terry was the first to try the stretch
wrap. If I remember correctly the stretch wrap worked fine electrically. He
may have used the stretch wrap as a fast and easy approach (Terry does a
lot of measuring and this may have been mainly for that purpose).

Take care,
Bart