Re: Tesla Coil Data Base

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Hi, Jim, and all.

Yeah, we said that.  And, in fact, we had a skeletal form done in a couple
days.  We had things more or less finalized with respect to what info we
wanted to collect within a week or so.  Unfortunately, other priorities
took over, and Rob, the webmaster and person working on the TCdB, does have
a baby girl....

There is still some work to be done behind the scenes with respect to data
validation and deciding which fields are required, but we think it's ready
for semi-public release.  We will place a link on the main page of the
website when we have added the data validation and such.  So if you just
get a generic error, one of the entries isn't valid, and, unfortunately,
you won't be informed which one or what was expected.  So in other words,
make sure you're entries are correct!

All entries are currently in inches only!  We will add an option for metric
eventually.

The required fields are just that - required.  However we kindly request
that as much info be entered as possible.  Doing so will help people like
Dr. R find his "efficiency factor" and John Freau and Bart Anderson find
better equations for spark length.

Suggestions and comments on the TCDB forms should be sent to our webmaster.

The Tesla Coil dataBase: http://thegeekgroup-dot-org/tcdb

Cheers!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group