moderator note

Hi All,

It's fixed again ;-))

I thought it was....  Well, I'll spare the "story" since it is messy and
long*....

I would like to ask folks not to resend messages for awhile unless you are
sure they really got lost.  All the mail is buffered and stored pretty well
these days so posts should not get "lost" unless it bounced back as for
sure not delivered.  Clearing the buffers is hard enough without trying to
catch duplicated posts :-p  Forgive any repeated posts...

I took awhile to clear everything so you would not be blasted with 100 post
all of a sudden, but everything is up to date now.

The manhole cover crushing thread is getting a little old since apparently
no one is going to crush one soon.  Might think about moving that to the HV
list or winding it down now.  How did the moderator ever let that in
anyway? :o))

Please snip old unused parts from posts so post do not get real big.  It
saves a ton of bandwidth by not repeating old unneeded parts of posts you
reply too.

Please try to keep things on the topic of Tesla coils (for real now
:o)))  As winter approaches and well all go inside, posts to the list can
really pick up so we need to try hard to keep posts to the point and on topic.

*long story...
--------------------
Suddenly I could not send posts back to the list server due to DNS
timouts.  Posts were still coming in so pupman was online...  The HV list
was also ok...  Sounds like a "me" problem...

I though hard and put many things together.  The Sun Cobalt server is set
to detect and block IP address that do port scans.  For some very odd
reason, Qwest's DNS servers started doing port scans...  Sure enough, the
server blocked them...  But the mail servers still thought things were cool
since the outgoing mail addresses verified as good.  But that was probably
Verisign's recent wildcard redirect thing...  Then Verisign comes to their
senses and stopped that...  That is when I think things broke.  The Sun
server could not verify the outgoing mail address as valid and I
could/would not send (but should have recognized be as a "golden" sender
ip....)...

So I cleared pupman and the DNS servers as good address....  And stopped
blocking them.  Should be all fixed right.. :-p

Seems in the mean time, pupman did go and fall off line...  Finally I
figured out it was no longer "me" and wrote Chip.  Chip fixed something
there and we're alive again.  Lots of posts were backed up (I think my mail
servers are set to 5gig buffer space :o)))  So I posted all the "old" ones
out so people could catch them, and posted the recent ones tonight.

So hopefully a few issues got fixed in all this ;-))  I try to tell of such
woes at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/Status/status.txt

If the list is down, you can go there to hear the latest...

I do have a small request...  Qwest's DNS servers are "odd"...  Sometimes
they go off and give the mail server trouble since the server is pretty
demanding of them (timouts).  If anyone has any IP address of pretty good
DNS servers, I could add them to the list which may help intermittent DNS
server problems I have.  A few "independent" servers, other than Qwests,
may fix the intermittent problem.  Then I should be rock solid here (hah
hah haaa... knock wood :-)))

Chip was going to work on something there too...

Cheers,

	Terry