Capacitor Testing Advice Please

Original poster: "Tedd Payne" <teddp2-at-comcast-dot-net>

I'm new to measuring and testing caps.  Whether it's a single big pulse cap
or a small MMC cap, what testing is "do-able" for someone with only basic
equipment and knowledge?  I have an old analog VOM and a BK 820 capacitance
meter.  The instructions on the back of the BK meter seem to say I can
detect open and short conditions in a cap based on capacitance meter
readings.  So my question is, if there's no visible sign of damage/problem
with a cap, and if the cap seems to give the right reading on the
capacitance meter, what else is there and can I test for it with the
limited resources I have?

Thanks in advance!

Tedd