Forming a primary with k soft copper tubing

The part you missed was depth.  Just cutting a piece in half usually leaves
the tubing without enough attachment force so it tries to spring out.  Use a
ball nose cutter on a milling machine and then you can cut the depth to 0.80
x the copper tubing dia. (80% depth).

The wire is left in a coil and carefully "unwould" ahead and behind the main
so and it drops right into place.  Keeping the coil in a circular (original)
form as you slowly unwind it and press it into place in your holders.  Most
primaries are assembled in 10-15 min max. time but the slots have to be cut
deep enough --- 50% isn't enough.

Dr. Resonance