Re: Help

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Emmitt.: As you have found out copper tubing will not thread well through
1/4 in holes. The holes must be large enough to allow the turn radius of the
coil to pass. I dont bother with that hard work. I use my table saw to cut
slots in plastic strips and just press the copper down into the slot and
bind it with a small drop of heat glue. I cut the strips to length after I
make the coil and dont even calculate the spacing of the center as the coil
turns. I put 2 or 3 blades in my saw to cut a 1/4 in slot. then I put a rod
or stick clamped to the table 1/2 in away from the blade. After making one
slot I move my plastic over the stick and cut again creating a second slot
etc exacty equal spaced and uniformly spaced. after the coil is made I cut
the inside and outside with a saber saw.  6 or 8 -- 1/2 in  PVC pipe lengths
makes good plastic strips to suport the coil and they glue to other plastics
well.
     Robert   H