New to tesla coils

Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>

Ok,  I have made my primary, it's only 13.5 turns though, I used 50 feet
of 1/4 inch copper refrigerator tubing.  Is this enough turns?  Also,
the closest it is to the secondary is 1.75 inches.  Will it arc?  This
is using a 12kv 60ma transformer.

Also, right now, I have the secondary tube screwed down to the plywood
supporting the secondary.  Is it important to use non-magnetic screws
since this will effect the field?

Also, for the RF ground.  Do I need to put a copper wire 6 feet into the
earth?  Or can I just stick it in a foot or so?

Thanks.
--
sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>