From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, 13 October 2003 4:07 p.m.
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: MMC Advice

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Fine....  if you really want to use RELL....  (see previous "CD cap MMC"
post)

Static gap, SRSG, ARSG?  Ballast type and value?  PSU output filter
("Terry
Filter")?

I generally recommend adding about 25% or more to the margin in non-NST
coils, and would argue that a cap rated for 16kV with a 11kV PDT is too
low.  18kV would be minimum IMO.  Bigger caps, within reason, are
generally
better.

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group