Re: freak show with tesla coil, please explain

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: freak show with tesla coil, please explain
Hi,

About two or three years ago, I saw Brent Turner give a super lecture on
Tesla, his inventions, and the Tesla coil.  This was at Michigan
Technological University in Houghton.  It doesn't get much more isolated
than this, so if he made it up here, maybe there is a demo coming near you.
He did the "lightning from the fingers" thing many times, but cautioned the
students on his level of experience and understanding of electricity, less
they try something stupid.  Seeing his lecture, along with finally getting
online, resurged my childhood interest in coiling.

John Richardson