Re: Coil woes- where does one get a 60 Hertz strobe?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

Another cheap strobe can be made with white high intensity LEDs.  I use a 6V
xfmr to drive 4 LEDs, 2 forward, and 2 reverse biased.  It won't stop the
peg but it will show a blur of where the peg is during each half cycle.  I'm
sure that something with a 555 could be made to narrow the conduction time
of the LEDs and cause the peg to stand still.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
 >

 > Most inexpensive would be a NE-2 neon bulb with a 120 ohm series resistor.
 > Not super bright but if you check your RSG in a dark room it works fine.
 >
 > Dr. Resonance
 >
 >  > My latest coil is off to a rocky start.( I've already posted about my
SRSG