Re: Help

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/11/03 5:25:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Okay, I've always thought of myself as a capable do it yourselfer. Years of
>experience with woodworking, metal fabrication, etc.  But tonight when I
>tried to place the .25" copper tubing in my form, for my primary coil, all
>my previous experience went out the window and I turned into some kind of
>greenhorn with two hands that were all thumbs. GOD there has to be an easy
>way to accomplish this task.  Would someone be so kind as to tell me how
>this can be accomplished without totally screwing up the roll of copper or
>without the use of drugs. LOL
>All advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  I started out
>trying to feed the tubing through the holes in my supports but quickly
>found out that wouldn't work.  I then cut the support in half along the
>centerline of the holes thinking this would ease the problem and that then
>I could fasten the upper half back down to hold everything in place. This
>isn't working either since you cant keep the individual turns in place
>while you try and place the other turns.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Emmett Secrest

Emmett,

I cut my supports in half lengthwise as you did.  Then I drilled .125"
diameter holes through the supports under each notch.  I then used nylon
tie straps to hold the tubing in place on one primary.  On the other, I
used waxed nylon lacing cord.  I haven't cut the supports to be able to use
the snap in method but it sounds easier.

Ed Sonderman