Re: Help - Primary Supports

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Or slots can be cut using a radial-arm or table saw and just about any
sharp saw blade.  For that matter, even a bandsaw or hand saw could be used
despite a rough appearance.

The stagger will be defined by the tube diameter, spacing, and number of
supports.  For instance 1/4" tubing spaced 1/4" with 6 supports will
require a stagger of 1/(6/(1/4+1/4)) = 1/12" (or .083")  The slot width
will be determined by the tube diameter.  Cutting the slots slightly
narrower than the diameter of the tubing will save no end of grief when
winding the primary.

Cheers!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group