Re: Meters

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,
I was told the same from a employee at a Radio Shack by me. I don't think
they have a chance against bestbuy, but we'll see.
People are going to have find another source for strobes.
Cheers,
John

Original poster: Ed Phillips

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Matt Skidmore
 >
 > > I just bought a 130V AC analog panel meter at Radio Shack for about $4 in
 > > Cincinnati, Oh. It seems they are phasing those out of their stores
and cut

 > i was told by an emplayee they are phasing out their parts section as a
 > whole.
 >
 > -fox

I sure hope that's an ugly rumor but fear the worst. I've never
understood how they make a profit from selling the stuff they stock in
the stores, considering the relatively high inventory and low average
turnover. Prices are a lot hight than places like Mouser and Digikey,
but they have it where you want it and when you want it and price is
usually secondary for impulse buyers.

Ed