Re: Coil woes- where does one get a 60 Hertz strobe?

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/13/03 12:39:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Robert,

I've never used a strobe.  I just observe the spinning rotor under
normal flourescent light which will show if the rotor is locked
sync-ly if observed carefully.  As far as adjusting the phase is
concerned, I do this either by trial and error (first at low power),
then I gradually change the phase and power level until I get
everything maxed out..  Or I use my electrical phase controller
shown at my website, but previously I often used a mechanical
remote phase adjustment system, and just adjusted for max
spark length while the system was running.   Using a strobe, one
cannot determine the needed phase position in advance anyway,
although a rough adjustment may be posible.

John