Re: SSTC DC blocking caps

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Actually, this is not exactly correct as well.
DC blocking capacitors are used in bridge circuits to prevent "core-walking"
(and ultimately saturation) of the output transformer.  This is typically
only used for half-bridge circuits where any
imbalance in the push-pull type configuration of the half-bridge adds any
type of DC bias to the output transformer.  However, in full-bridge
circuits, imbalances are almost always equalled out
due to the topology of the full-bridge.   For what we are doing, you really
don't need the DC blocking capacitors at all, but seems we just keep them
there for ease of mind.  Justin and Aaron have
completely eliminated them from their circuits.

Dan