Capacitive Coupling (was:Re: Audio modulated SSTCs)

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

  Because you are operating with DC,
>peak
>voltage
>levels are low, BUT AVERAGE POWER IS VERY VERY HIGH!!!!  The small arc is
>merely in illusion to what the coil is actually putting out RF-wise.
>
>The same goes with VTTC coils.  The arcs from CW operated audio modulated
>VTTCs are also very small, but power output is HUGE!

I set up something today to exaggerate the effect that many SSTCers know
about.  Getting that little RF burn from metal cases near the coil.  Well,
just take a look here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/CapacitiveCoupling.htm

Yes, those metal boxes are totally isolated, and yes it looks like im
pulling arcs from a MOT!  Where i sit when the coil is running, i can still
pull small 1/16" sparks off of un-grounded metal.

Steve Ward

PS, my site has many new pages and information added!