Re: Filament help!

Original poster: davep <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>if its an at power supply, just plug it in and switch it on, and get +5
>volts from any red wire, and ground from any black wire.  If its an atx
>power supply (newer), find the green wire, cross it with any bla k wire,
>then   get +5 volts from any red wire, and ground from any black wire.
>THen power up.

         I'd be a little cautious with the AT/ATX/'puter supply.
         If its working, finr.  However.  Fundamental to Hollow State
         design is the filaments need to AT spec.  If run cool.
         (by about 15% here...) they will last long, and have
         low emissivity.

         If it works, dandy.
         I'd expect the tubes to underperform, tho..
         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...
         Vernor Vinge
         -me
...for he has read everything, and written nothing...
         A J Raffles