Re: Does anyone know what this is?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 >
 > Seems highly questionable that thing will make 100kV at 1-2mA. It's clearly
 > some homemade deal, I wonder what's inside other than things that interact
 > with magnets and sound cool when you mention nonsense like the Brown Effect
 > (sorry, I cannot get my capacitors to make gravity).
 >
 > I've bought scary large magnets from that place before, and was happy with
 > the purchase.
 >
 > KEN

	The picture and the predominately one-sided discharge remind me very
much of the capacitor-discharge setups I've made using a couple of GBHEI
coils.  Similar spark length and appearance.  I seriously doubt that you
could get a couple of ma out.  The statement about Naudin stuff makes me
question the wisdom of the guy who said that but looks as if it should
be just fine for exciting gas discharge tubes.  Picture makes it look
like pretty neat construction.

Ed