RE: great show on PBS Tues. evening

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

DC -

Thanks for the PBS special info. I dabble in this stuff. At present I am
reading an interesting somewhat easy to understand book that gives a good
fundamentals review for exploring this subject. The copyright is 1965 so
doesn't include "strings" but briefly mentions quantum theory. Refer to page
371 where the ratio of electrostatic to gravitational forces is given as
     3 x 10^42 to 1  !!!
Gravitational forces appear to be much too small to explain the cohesion of
the electron. What are these forces? They cannot be the far and near nuclear
forces.

      Einstein's Theory of Relativity
      by Max Born

A Dover book and also available at local book stores for about $10.

John Couture