Re: Fiberglass Resin and Secondary

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Tyler: I just wanted to give you a word of warning I learned the hard way.
Polyester dose not bond well to other plastics unless you provide a
mechanical bond surface first. If you use a pvc pipe sand the surface and
spray a coat of clear spray before you wind and coat. This will provide a
rough solvent wetted surface for the polyester to bond to. I like polyester
because it is fast and thick. I brush coat my coil and then stand it
upwright while the resin hardens to a smooth coat . This avoids dripping;
Work over a plastic wrap to avoid clean up problems. The sanding and spray
coat prevents the polyester  separating from your coil form on a real cold
day causing your coil  to break free and slide down the form. a real mess.
    Robert   H