From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 October 2003 2:54 p.m.
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: MMC advice

If you run the DC cap rating as the AC cap rating you will have trouble
and problems --- as you are experiencing.

Rate the AC cap string at least twice (preferably 2.5) times the DC cap
rating and you can get away with it on short duty cycles.  We rate our
MMC cap strings for AC rating at 3 times DC rating --- and we can run a
coil for 15 minutes or more continuous without any failures.