RE: how to use a current transformer

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Sounds like you have one of the current transformers made exclusively
for large current ammeters.
In particular, they are designed for use with standard 5A ammeters which
may have different meter readings (i.e.
0-100A, 0-200A etc...).  Your current transformer was most likely for a
0-100A ammeter.

As these current transformers are typically used for RMS current only,
they probably won't have the characteristics required to be used as a
"true" high bandwidth current transformer such as the ones made by
Pearson or Ion Physics.

The Captain