Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

Original poster: "Rikard Titus" <rikard_titus-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
>

>Our coil runs at 12 electrodes x 1725 RPM.

Then it is ARSG.Just as I thought.You see when you run Tesla coil something
like 300...400 pps and line frequency is 60 Hz,than energies alter from
shot to shot.
You tested it with one shot  V1=13 kv ,but others could be higher giving
maybe 300 kV maximum potential and not 148 kV.
6'...7 ' discharge doesn't look peculiar  to me any more .
I doubt the method of pick up antenna you described was useful for precise
measurment of secondary voltage for coils producing discharge though.

>We hope to gather data from all the coils at the Teslathon and finally
>calculate the elusive "efficiency factor" in the sqr Cp/Cs equation for a
>variety of different types o coils and spark lengths and power levels.
>
>Dr. Resonance
Great!
I am looking forward to see related data collected and released .

-Rik