Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

Hi Rikard,

Do you mean:  1/2 * (0.05uf x 13KV ^^2)  = 5.6 joules
5.6J x 345 pps = 1940 W

John's empirical spark length formula of 1.7 sqrt (power) is based on
xformer input power not the power delivered thru the spark gap. Is this
right???  If so, seems like1940 watts at the spark gap could mean 3000W
xformer input power and potentially result in 94 inch sparks using the
John's equation.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO