Re: VTTC Resistor Values And Transformers

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Resistor values aren't that critical 33 ohm would be fine for a 30 ohm
etc... In fact R1 are only for parasitic suppression.  You really don't need
R1 to run the VTTC.  You can omit
completely.  But if you do, any resistor value from 10 ohms out to 100 ohms
with about 10 or so turns will act as a good suppressor here.

R2 is more critical.  You'll most likely need a value around 5k and it
should be rated for some power and you will dissipate a bit here depending
on how you have it set.  Don't skimp!
But don't go overkill either.  (5) 100W resistors in series is definitely
overkill.

Filament transformers are another story.  Try www.hammondmfg-dot-com  They have
the transformers you need.  Check to see if their is european distributor
which they should.

Dan