Tesla coil sizes and idea

Original poster: The MCP <ejkeever-at-comcast-dot-net>

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if there's any particular reason for some
common specs: Shooting for about 1000 turns and the 4 to 1 aspect ratio,
specifically. What about using several thousand turns? What about a tall or
fat coil?

I was also thinking about something rather... out there. JavaTC says my coil
(.75 dia, 10.5 tall, 32 gauge) has 33 pF of self-capacitance. However, this
isn't really available because of all the resistance from the wire inbetween
(~28 Ohms measured). So what about the rather fanciful concept of winding a
secondary with superconductor wire, and putting the primary/secondary
assembly in liquid nitrogen? No resistance to get in the way of that 33 pF. I
know this is completely ridiculous, but it's none the less interesting to
think about.

I promise you, I'm not on a drug trip :)