Re: Over-voltage at Synchronous Gap ? ? ?

Original poster: Daniel Hess <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

I'm curious about something you mentioned. Normally, the relationship
between the fixed electrodes and the flying electrodes on a RSG should be
as close as possible, without actually incurring physical contact. It
sounds as if you may be adjusting or allowing space between the electrodes
as if you were setting them for a fixed spark gap. If so, this would allow
the firing voltage to be much higher than would normally be achieved with a
RSG, async or non-async.

If I've understood you correctly, try resetting the gap spacing for minimum
as possible and try it this way.

Regards,

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 09/14/2003 08:20:06 PM