Re: overcoupling

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Sometimes its best to do things yourself and learn things for yourself.
What people with lots of experience say is worth listening to, but i like
to find these things on my own.  Look at this coil of mine:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/1.5kVASGTC.htm

similar power (about 75% of your supply) and using a SRSG with a huge
capacitor of .045uf.  The base of the secondary winding is roughly .25"
above the primary.  There is very little space between the coils. maybe .6"
radius between them.  Probably considered to somewhat tight coupling, but
the performance of the coil tells the real story.  It matches nearly
exactly what John Freaus spark lenght formula predicts.  Many of my most
recent coils met what the spark lenght formula predicts...

Your coil does not sound overcoupled to me...  Its easier to raise the coil
then to flatten the primary ;)