RE: Over-voltage at Synchronous Gap ? ? ?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Hi Terry,

Can you expand on your statement below, which I've highlighted in
all-caps?  I can't imagine a situation where the primary voltage
increases after the gap fires, regardless of tuning.

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA

 >Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 >As Kurt showed, maybe you need slightly more MMC capacitance.  If you
are
 >not using a Terry filter and don't have some of the same losses
involved,
 >results may vary a little.  I would just add a little capacitance to
the
 >primary cap till things quiet down.  If you are using a 0 - 140VAC
variac,
 >that may over voltage things a bit too.  Tuning may be an issue as
 >well.  IF THE SECONDARY SYSTEM DOES NOT USE UP THE POWER >PROPERLY, IT
MAY TEND TO RAISE THE PRIMARY VOLTAGE UP.