Re: Best secondary size

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 16 Sep 2003, at 8:04, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Herbaleta" <herbaleta-at-herbaleta.hr>
 >
 > So i should wind 240 mm pipe with 1400 turns of 0.77 mm wire???? Im sory but
 > i want to start!!

My advice to anyone who is not sure what to do but wants to learn is
just _do it_, see how it goes, think about the results (particularly
if they are less than spectacular) and then formulate some
improvements. I think I'd be correct in saying that every "expert" on
this list has gone through exactly this process in order to arrive at
the knowledge that they then pass on.

      There seem to be two basic approaches to obtaining things in
life - either buy a well-working gizmo and learn nothing, or get
one's hands dirty and incrementally learn everything. Mistakes and
errors are excellent teachers.

Malcolm