Re: Mini-coils?

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Chris,

Interesting idea for a power supply for a dinky little coil (which I just
built a couple weeks back). Something on the order of 0.5" x 3.5" at 296
turns of #30. I wound it on one of those CD trays which hold 50 blank cd's.
It should be in the range of 8.6 MHz given the topload used. Everything's
finished except the power supply for it (primary is on and 2nF MMC is built).

I drive right by EMCO about once a week (I try to take a trip up the hill
once a week to keep an eye on our pcb/cable assy group located in the
Sierra's). EMCO is near the top edge of the foothills near Jackson, CA. It
seems to be a relatively small building, but given the small transformers,
they may not require much space. I'll try to stop in the next week sometime
(maybe I can talk to their design engineer and get his view on their
capability).

Take care,
Bart