Re: Bulk Order 15kW SSTC Boards

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Tesla list wrote:
 > I'm making a small-quantity order of boards (approximately 10) by the end of
 > next week for my new 15kW Monster SSTC Board.
<snip>
 > PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS:
 >
 > - Board components designed for up to 15kW use and derated accordingly
 >
 > - Standard TL494 PWM Controller.  Was going to use something else, but why
 > redesign something that already works well.
 >
 > - Quadruple 30A Gate Drive circuitry with indepent linear low voltage
 > supplies

About the Ixys 30A gate driver chip IXDN430, the specs really look
devastatingly good!! 8-)

But, where did you get these from? I've looked at some European
distributors including standard ones like Farnell RS Reichelt Arrow but
they have only the Ixys mosfets, if anything. Not the driver chips yet.

Where did you order the drivers from?
And how much do they cost in <10qty? I would be very much interested in
bying some myself, too... :-)

cheers,
  - jfw

--
  high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla
  jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi - Jan.Wagner-at-cern.ch