Re: SRSG and Terry filter overheating

HI Rob,

At 02:06 PM 9/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, can anybody help me with this problem?
>I just completed my first SRSG and tested it today. It seems to work fine
>although the streamers it produces seem somewhat thinner than with my
>vacuum gap. After a fairly short run I noticed a bad smell and it seems
>that the MOVs in my filter were hot enough to melt the poly cutting board
>they are on.

If the MOVs are getting hot, they are seeing too much voltage.  Double
check your wiring and the plans at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/NSTFilt.jpg

If you are running a resonant capacitor size, the coil may be trying to go
over voltage and the MOVs are stopping it.  What is the value of the
primary cap and what size NST are you using?

Cheers,

         Terry