RE: Bulk Order 15kW SSTC Boards - Heatsinks Room Temperature

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Thats completely wrong.  My heatsinks on my power circuits for my SSTCs
now utilizing fan cooling run just slightly above
room temperature at about 80degC.  A liquid cooling system built with a
homemade chiller (which can be just a tank of ice for low budget
experiements and many coils of tubing) can easily get down to 15-20degC
cold plate temperature.  Of course, a more elaborate system would be
required for longer running times.  You sir, are purely mistaken in what
is achievable with a little thought.  Power electronics utilizing
heatsinks maintaining room temperature are not only a reality, they are
simple to implement.

Dan